The sports lawyers at Nicola, Gudbranson & Cooper (NGC) offer professional services throughout Ohio to clients in the sports industry. Our attorneys provide clients with a range of services geared toward ensuring their legal rights and protecting their businesses, including counseling clients and negotiating sponsorship and other agreements.
Sports law encompasses a wide range of issues—creating team ownership entities, negotiating and interpreting contracts and agreements and preventing, defending and prosecuting claims of liability, to name just a few.
With backgrounds in sports law as well as labor and employment and corporate law, NGC attorneys have the experience to handle the complex and sophisticated aspects of a sports law practice.
Our attorneys have represented team owners, operators and league officials in a variety of matters.
- Contract negotiations
- Creation of ownership packages for sports-related enterprises
- Establishment of baseball clubs
- Representation of obtaining league- and association-level approvals
- Negotiation of asset and equity transfers
- Negotiation of ballpark leases
- Negotiation of labor agreements
- Negotiation of sponsorships
- Prevention and litigation of liability claims
- Restructuring of equity and debt